I often buy the Simply Sent card kits. I usually do that because (a) they are so darn cute, (b) I'm slightly overscheduled (& most of the work is already done for me with these), and (c) I like to challenge myself to alter them.
So here is my list of ideas for Using Simply Sent card kits, as demonstrated on the Merry Little Christmas set from this year's holiday catalog:
1. Make the card as intended. I whipped together this particular card in about 5 minutes.... just stamp, glue and you are ready to go!
2. Change the stamp set, maybe even the subject of the card. In this version of the card I made for a workshop, I swapped out the stamp set for Perfect Blend changing the card from holiday specific to a generic friendship card. With a cute coffee theme! :)
And for this one, I added a snowman! :)
3. Use different embellishments. For this card, I used the same stamp set, but swapped out the button and baker's twine for a heart punched from red glimmer paper.
4. Cut up the parts and pieces. For this one, I decided I wanted some of that cute paper from the envelope liner. So no more envelope liner.... used it now to dress up the card.... literally!
5. Use other supplies from your stash to add something to the card. I wanted to add an owl so I grabbed my punch and some red glimmer paper and only used parts of the stamp :)
Isn't it gorgeous?! Go visit her facebook page and tell her! Make sure you take the time to check out her other cards -- so awesome!! :)
6. Think totally outside of the box and don't look at the sample picture. I challenged my friend Cindy to make something with the kit. She loves that kind of challenge as much as I do! She gladly took the pile of supplies, with no picture of what the card was supposed to look like, and made this card:
Isn't it awesome?! :) Please go tell Cindy on her blog! And while you are there, check out all her awesome kid art, Project 41, beautiful scrapbook layouts and cards!
Aside from being totally practical time-savers, these card kits are very cost-effective and are also a great launching pad for playing with the supplies. That's the main reason why I always want to keep them on hand!
Have you ever tried the Simply Created or Simply Sent card kits from Stampin' Up!? :)
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
Kits: Merry Little Christmas Simply Created Card Kit
Stamps: Merry Little Christmas, Perfect Blend, More Merry Messages, Snow Much Fun
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black, Gumball Green, Coastal Cabana
Big Shot: Dress Up Framelits
Other: Red Glimmer Paper, Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Owl Punch